Followers

Sunday, 21 September 2014

Black Magic

Okay so this is a quick post about me feeling a lil crafty the other day,well I was bored I guess and they say creativity flows when you are bored,or shall I blame it on my hormones to make me feel that way,lol,whatever it is,it was fun.That is what matters in the end,right? 


So out of nowhere I felt like stitching a lil black dress for Barbie,or rather I had this tiny piece of black cloth in front of me which looked like a perfect ingredient for my sudden LBD project! ;) 

Here are the things I had used to make the dress~ black scrap cloth,a pair of scissors,black thread,needle and last but not the least a red floral washi tape which belongs to my daughter.Actually after sewing the dress I felt it required a bit of decorating,so I ransacked my daughter's craft pouch,of course she was in the school,and there I found this pretty thing,it was easy,just stick it and voila!! Yup I am not at all a sewing person,in fach I totally lack in the deparment of patience,so obviously I needed something to cheat with in the end,at least I sew the dress,so yayyy!! :D
Here comes the most GORGEOUS model,Miss Elizabeth Benett to show off my creation,for fall winter 2014 ;) Let's add a matching scarf to make her feel a bit warm and stylish at the same time!
So what do you think of it guys? What was the last time you had tried a bit of sewing for your dolls? Any easy trick? These days those glittery glam Barbie clothes are so damn expensive,we can't buy them all,so what harm in being CRAFTY once in a while!! :D 

I know I know we will always end up buying those super cute tiny winy Barbie clothes no matter how much we try to resist the temptation thought in the beginning,at least a few will always find a way to come home with us if not all!! 




11 comments:

  1. This is very elegant dress, i like how it looks with scarf. Well i sew for my dolls very often, i am not very pleased with clothes mattel have to offer, i try to buy accessories only.
    But i have to say - sewing is very relaxing for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Natalia,glad you like it! :)
      Sewing is a very nice hobby,I am sure you not only sew for your dolls regularly ,you must be sewing things for your family as well once in a while!

      Delete
  2. Pretty color choices! She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the printed tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the tape actually saved me! :D Thank you so much GG!!

      Delete
  4. Very chic with the scarf added, she looks very pretty and glamorous! I sometimes sew for my dolls, it has been a while now because my doll/sewing room is cluttered (working on that!). I haven't sewn for Barbie yet, I find it difficult to sew such small things, but I would like to give it a try :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for the encouragement! :)
      And I totally agree with you there,it's really tough to sew something so tiny like a Barbie outfit,you just don't know where to hold it at times,lol! Unless you got a superb eyesight it's really difficult.

      Delete
  5. That's so cool! Adding the tape really made it pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff!! Oh yes I totally agree with you about the tape! And I think these tapes are so versatile that they can be used for other doll related things like making a border for a bedding or curtains,the options are endless for any kinda quick fix! :D Nothing permanent though.

      Delete
  6. As you know, patience is always good, lifemated dolls bring love dolls for man to normal prices with the rare few exceptions.

    ReplyDelete