Followers

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Alluring Claudia

Okay so these days I not only regret about not owning all the basics,I also regret about not owning all the Stardolls by Barbie,which got released in the year 2011! I received her,my only Stardoll as a present from a friend who got hold of her in Dubai for me,God bless him! ;) Unfortunately these dolls (Stardolls by Barbie) were never actually released in India.


 
Since 2012 I have noticed a great improvement in the Indian toy market in terms of the availability of new releases by Mattel,which certainly makes me very happy,YAYYY!! These days I see almost all the new releases (Barbie) except the male dolls and very very high end collector dolls,which is another BIG regret of my life,that I don't own a single Ken or Ryan,can you believe it guys? Male dolls are not even available in the Middle East,my friend who brought me Claudia from Dubai,has informed me that upon looking for Ken over there he was told by the salesmen at the toy shops "we don't keep male dolls as children might get engaged in some sort of adult playtime with male and female dolls" !!! My goodness what a primitive thought,only if it could actually prevent a child from playing oh-so-adult stuff just by imposing a BAN ON THE MALE DOLLS! LOL.

I named her Claudia Parker,I guess I must have been hugely influenced by awesome Sarah Jessica Parker!! ;) 



11 comments:

  1. The Stardolls were not very inspiring to work with as models because of their limited articulation but you have drawn the best out of Miss Claudia. Good to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by dear!! :)
      It really feels awesome to be back among some of the most amazing doll lovers globally! <3
      I think I better accept the fact that I just love dolls no matter how odd it seems at times in terms of the time or money I like to put in for my hobby,once a doll lover is always a doll lover,right?

      Delete
  2. Claudia Parker is a lovely name :-). It's great that your friend brought her with him from Dubai, so now you have her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Night Owl for such a lovely comment! Look forward to interact with you more in the future! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on acquiring Ms. Claudia Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: beautiful pictures of your Stardoll. In my country these dolls are not for sale. You can buy them at Amazon .. We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marta! :) It's always a pleasure interacting with you about our common love which is none other than Barbie! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Star dolls weren't released in Australia either so you are not alone in missing out on them. Although we do get Ken dolls (and I do have Ryan) we don't get all the new releases here and sometimes we have to wait for ages, for example the first Ever After High dolls have just arrived in the shops here in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) Lately our toy stores are flooded with MH New releases and her clothes packs,but no luck with Ever After High Dolls yet,don't expect it any sooner :) Thank you so much for dropping by!

      Delete
  7. Search collectibles in India is indeed difficult. Amazing blog & Follow for follow?

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete