Followers

Saturday, 25 August 2012

Let's Have A Monochrome Sunday

Hi doll lovers,first I would like to wish YOU ALL a rocking Sunday!! It's been a pleasure meeting you all.If you have been following my blog regularly one thing you must have noticed that my posts are full of colours, I love colours,all the colours in the world,from light to dark! I just love to play with different colours while making each of them stand out,which can be really challenging at times.But today my theme is black nd white ;)Here are my two colour photos for your viewing so that you have a clear idea of the doll and what she was actually wearing before I show you the B&W version ;) ;)
 In my opinion there is just something very special about black & white photography,it makes you nostalgic instantly.I am a big fan of classic Hollywood B&W  movies,when you didn't have the support of colours except black and white to beautify your shots yet every movie was a masterpiece.I would love to know who is your fave heroine from that era? I have a long list,here it goes :Jean Harlow,Lauren Bacall,Katherine Hepburn,Rita Hayworth,Greta Garbo,Vivien Leigh!!:)

As I said, today I am in no mood to use colours OTHER THAN BLACK & WHITE to brighten up my photos,some of you might feel disappointed but with little patience I am sure you would like to enjoy the old world charm in my snaps.By the way today my model is Summer (Barbie fashionista range),here I present blonde bombshell Summer:

Don't you think there is something mysterious and sensual about B&W photos? Although I am just a beginner in doll photography compared to all of YOU experienced doll photographers out there,so MANY THANKS for dropping by!! YOUR valuable comments are much appreciated :):)

Love
Pam

13 comments:

  1. Bette Davis is still my favorite actress of all time. Summer photographs quite lovely in black and white! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for the feedback!!As for Betty Davis,the diva still manages to charm the world with her incredible style nd amazing eyes ;)

      Delete
  2. Nothing to beat the contrats of black nd white.who can forget th gorgeous greta in two cols. Fascinating and so is ur Summer.keep cmg back to the classics often aliva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much:)I would try my best!!:D

      Delete
  3. Love your black and white shots. I also love color, but black and white pics are nostalgia.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear :):):)B&W is eternal!!

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: I agree with you that the black and white photos are more mysterious and captivating. They look like photos from other years. Great job ... We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta,I am so happy that you liked my pics!Of course we keep in touch!!:D :D

      Delete
  5. Summer looks lovely in black and white. Very charming photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you like my pics,thanks a lot!!!:D

      Delete
  6. Nice photos, my husband loves to take pic's in black in white I prefer color. Either way a great shot is a GREAT SHOT keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both,I am glad that you liked my pics:)I am just a beginner in doll photography,trying my best to learn and improve my skills!!:) Thank you so much!!Keep in touch!!:D

      Delete
  7. Hi Pam,

    Enjoyed the black and white photos. In "Jezebel,"Bette Davis played a southern belle who scandalized society by appearing at a ball in a red gown instead of a demeure, virginal white or pastel. The cinematographer had to work closely with the wardrobe department to find a dress that would appear "red" in black and white film so you are onto something by choosing colors to evoke a mood in your black and white photos.

    ReplyDelete